The Study on Global Ageing and Adult Health 2014 Wave 2-Mexico: Care or Support for Respondent, includes 9 items on assessing care or support needed and received by a respondent for their health and well-being. Navigational aspects (i.e. skip-out patterns and next question sequences) have not been included on this page but can be viewed on the original questionnaire located here.
Geographies Tested: Mexico
Populations Included: Female, Male
Age Range: Adults
Interviewer: The next questions ask about care or support that you need or have needed in the previous 12 months, and care you received from individuals, for your own health and well-being. This could include financial and emotional support, health and personal care, or physical assistance. It may or may not be related to your role as caregiver.
1. Have you needed support or care in the last 12 months?
2. The last time you needed supportcare, did you get it?
Yes - 1
No - 2
3. For what reason(s) did you not get care?
4. Are there childrenadults in your householdcompound, or living outside the household and visit regularly, that provide support or care that you need?
Yes - 1
No - 2
5. Let’s start with the person who provides you with the most supportcare. Then I will ask about other people who support and care for you. Is this person a household member or from outside your householdcompound?
Household - 1
Outside household - 2
6. What is your relationship to this person?
Spousepartner - 2
DaughterSon - 3
Daughter- or Son-in-law - 4
Grandchild - 5
Parent - 6
Parent-in-law - 7
BrotherSister - 8
Other relative, adult (e.g. cousin) - 11
Not related, Adult - 12
7. Approximately how old is this person?
In years: ____
8. Please tell the types of support and care you receive from this person. Do you get help with
Finances (cash, help to pay billsservicesdebts or for savings, or help with economic related activities outside the home – wage labor) - 1
Emotional support and care - 2
Physical assistance such as household chores, errands and outside activities, transportation, agriculture-related - 3
Health or medical care (providing the person with health care, assistance with medicinestreatments or arranging medical care) - 4
Personal care (for example, dressing, eating, toileting, getting around your house) (choose all that apply) - 5
9. How often is this?
(for each activity previously identified)
Daily - 1
Several days per week - 2
Once per week - 3
Once per month - 4
Occasionally - 5
Salinas-Rodriguez, A., & Manrique-Espinoza, B. S. (2016). Mexico - Study on Global Ageing and Adult Health-2014, Wave 2. https://apps.who.int/healthinfo/systems/surveydata/index.php/catalog/212
Ease of Use Score
Existing Literature/Theoretical Framework
Field Expert Input
Cognitive Interviews / Pilot Testing
to get the latest updates on new measures and guidance for survey researchers